- TrendMood, a blog that tracks new makeup releases, took to Instagram on Friday to announce that Kylie Jenner will soon be releasing three new products from her skin-care brand, Kylie Skin.
- Beauty mogul Jeffree Star commented on the post, writing “Hahahahahha.”
- When an Instagram user asked Star if he was “tired” of drama in the beauty community, the YouTuber responded by calling Kylie Skin a “complete joke” and “money grab.” He also said he’d “rather save millions of people money” than let them be “ripped off by a celebrity.”
- Star previously said his face felt “basic” after using Jenner’s skin-care products in a YouTube video with Shane Dawson.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
YouTuber Jeffree Star is not looking forward to Kylie Jenner’s new skin-care products.
On Friday, TrendMood, a blog that tracks new makeup releases, announced on Instagram that Jenner will soon be releasing three new products as part of her skin-care line, Kylie Skin. The launch, called “Kylie Skin Summer,” is said to include a body lotion, body scrub, and spray.
But while many on Instagram expressed interest in trying the products, Jeffree Star did not. Instead, the beauty mogul wrote “Hahahahahha” underneath the post.
Jeffree Star discussed Kylie Jenner’s skin-care line with an Instagram user on Friday
After Star seemingly laughed at news of the upcoming Kylie Skin launch, an Instagram user asked the YouTuber if he’s “tired” of being involved in drama within the beauty community.
“Weren’t you tired of drama?” an Instagram user asked Star. “Are you the same who said you will not involve in any scandal coming? You can’t keep with your own words. Be consistent and practice what you speak.”
Star then responded to the user by saying that he is “allowed to comment on” makeup releases from any brand.
“You should probably have a seat, because as a human being on this planet, I’m allowed to comment on anyone’s releases,” Star responded. “It’s also my job.”
Star said Jenner’s “first skin-care drop was a complete joke and was basically a money grab.” He told the user to “relax before trying to come for” him, and added: “I’d rather save millions of people money than letting them be ripped off by a celebrity.”
People shared mixed reactions to Star’s comments
Many people on Instagram applauded Star for speaking out against Jenner’s line.
“Jeffree Star is the queen of skin care and knows what he’s talking about,” one Instagram user wrote. “I think we should all be listening to him when it comes to anything related to it.”
“You tell ’em honey,” another person wrote alongside the hashtag, “WeStanJeffree.”
“Thank you for being one of the few who dare to stand up and say it as it is,” someone said on Instagram.
Others, however, said they didn’t trust Star’s opinion and felt he should stay away from Jenner’s products if he doesn’t like them.
“You used the skincare once — in front of us — and then you give your statement?” an Instagram user said. “I ain’t no beauty guru, but what I know is that you need to use skin care consistently to show results. Not saying her products are the best, but I mean, that looks like a very planned review since you used them for 20 minutes,” they added speaking of Jenner’s skin-care line.
“You are how old???” another person wrote. “Hahahahaha stop with your drama!!! You always go after the young ones!”
“Why do you care?” someone said. “That’s her way of making money,” they added, referencing Jenner’s skin-care line. “It doesn’t concern you what she does, so leave her and the customers alone.”
Star previously said his face felt ‘basic’ after using Jenner’s skin-care products in a YouTube video with Shane Dawson
In June, Star uploaded a YouTube video in which he reviewed the Kylie Skin line alongside Shane Dawson. At the start of his video, Star said he was both nervous and excited to try the line.
“I’m a little nervous, because when it comes to reviewing anything Kylie, people think, like, there’s past tea — which there is — but like, we don’t care about each other,” Star said. “There’s no, like, real, like, animosity. I just don’t really review her stuff anymore on my channel.”
Star and Dawson gave mixed reviews of the products, but said they ultimately felt that Jenner’s skin-care line was “basic.”
“I’m going to be honest: Everything to me feels very, like, basic, which is totally fine,” Dawson said. “There’s nothing wrong with that.”
“My face feels basic,” Star said, adding, “I don’t feel like myself.”
Representatives for Jeffree Star, Shane Dawson, and Kylie Skin did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Jeffree Star says an airline lost his $60,000 Birkin bag, but admits he was ‘stupid’ to pack it in his luggage
- Jeffree Star says his $60,000 Birkin bag was returned after being lost by an airline, but he’s only ‘semi-happy’ because his makeup is still missing
- James Charles just relaunched his clothing store 2 months after cutting ties with Jeffree Star’s distribution company
- Jeffree Star is giving away free makeup, and all you have to do is send him a tweet