Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor to join its thriving Fashion team, which works with both men’s and women’s fashion and accessories brands. The ideal candidate will support the senior staff on brand launches, on-going product placement, executive profiles, press previews, large scale events and managing junior staff.
Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across fashion and accessories clientele, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in this area. This candidate will manage a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts in fashion, accessories and lifestyle and have the ability to negotiate and secure features, executive profiles, product placement and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients. This candidate will have superior knowledge of the evolving media landscape and regularly contribute to new ideas for placement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field
- 5-7 years PR agency experience working in Fashion and/or Accessories
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Display ownership and passion for clients, their competitors, industry and subject material, making proactive, strategic recommendations based on developing news and insights
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Mac & PC, Cision, Muck Rack, LaunchMetrics – FashionGPS and other media monitoring tools
- Serve as primary day-to-day client contact on assigned accounts with ability to manage major accounts independently
- Work alongside senior management to produce and execute effective communication strategies
- Leads proactive and reactive media pitching focusing on feature stories and creative pitch angles to successfully place stories across consumer national, regional, online, trade and broadcast outlets
- Must have extensive and well-established senior and director level media contacts with top tier publications, social influencers, bloggers and fashion stylists
- Must have a strong understanding of the editorial calendar, current events, pop culture, seasonal and celebrity trends
- Works well in a team environment but also works independently, meeting goals and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Manage and delegate responsibilities (as needed) to junior staff of daily workflow of accounts overseeing development, press relations, strategy, daily product placement, sample trafficking, and media tracking
- Lead and execute special events, press trips and experiential activations from start to finish
- Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented and high-energy environment
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line SAE or Account Supervisor.