(CNN)Firefighters battled a blaze on the under restoration song venue Koko in London on Monday night, in accordance to fireplace officers.
Eight fire engines and around 60 firefighters labored to catch the fireplace under administration, in accordance to the London Fire Brigade. Movies from the scene cowl smoke and flames billowing out from the roof.
Koko, beforehand Camden Palace, is presently closed for “major cutting-edge transformation,” in accordance to its web plan. It used to be role to reopen within the spring.
The song venue located in Camden, north London, is famously identified for web plan hosting many famous name song acts, including Madonna, Prince, Kanye West and Bruno Mars. The building used to be originally opened in 1900 as the Camden Theater.
London Fire Brigade acknowledged that 22 of us called the emergency line to order officers of the fireplace, which used to be introduced under administration overnight.
“Firefighters’ hasty slump and laborious work within the early phases meant the fireplace used to be contained to the roof and saved the comfort of the building,” Jonathan Smith, plan commander with the London Fire Brigade, acknowledged in a assertion. “Fire crews will live on the scene throughout the morning.”
Others on social media shared their sentiments for the smartly-liked venue.
“Heartbreaking staring on the Camden Palace / Koko up in flames this evening, a building that holds so many memories and manner plenty to us in Camden,” Georgia Gould, councillor for Kentish Metropolis Ward, tweeted.
The role off of the fireplace is easy under investigation.