- Brad Pitt’s BAFTA acceptance speech on Sunday incorporated a shaggy dog story about Prince Harry, and Kate Middleton and Prince William in discovering been viewed laughing in the viewers.
- Margot Robbie, who read the speech for finest supporting actor on Pitt’s behalf, mentioned Pitt “goes to name this [award] Harry on yarn of he is basically eager about bringing it serve to the States with him.”
- Harry and Meghan Markle announced early closing month that they’d step serve from the royal family and utilize time in North America.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for extra reports.
Though Pitt wasn’t able to support the 73rd EE British Academy Movie Awards at London’s Royal Albert Hall on Sunday evening, Margot Robbie became once there to in discovering his award for finest supporting actor.
Reading Pitt’s speech on his behalf, Robbie joked that Pitt “goes to name this [award] Harry on yarn of he is basically eager about bringing it serve to the States with him.”
The digicam then panned to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who laughed awkwardly along with the viewers.
It’s the first time William and Middleton in discovering publicly acknowledged Harry and Meghan Markle’s resolution to head away their home in the UK as fragment of their “step serve” from the royal family.
The couple pushed apart questions on Harry and Markle at an engagement earlier in January, consistent with Emily Andrews, a royal correspondent.
Pitt also made a shaggy dog story about Brexit and his divorce from Angelina Jolie in the acceptance speech Robbie read: “Hiya, Britain. Heard you ultimate grew to turn out to be single. Welcome to the club. Wishing you the most attention-grabbing with the divorce settlement.”
The Duchess of Cambridge adhered to the “sustainable fashion” theme of the evening by carrying a gold-and-white Alexander McQueen dress that she became once first photographed in for the length of a consult with to Malaysia in 2012. Attendees had been asked to rent garments, steal a classic ensemble, or wear one thing they already owned.
- Read extra:
- Kate Middleton rewore a white and gold Alexander McQueen costume from 2012 to the 2020 BAFTAs
- The finest-dressed celeb couples at the 2020 BAFTAs
- Meghan Markle’s departure from the royal family ability or now not it is Kate Middleton’s ‘time to shine,’ consistent with a royal professional